Classes start the week of August 13, 2018
Registration and payment needs to be receive by August 6, 2018
The HVAC apprenticeship program, sponsored by the Manasota Air Conditioning Contractors Association (MACCA), has the following characteristics and acceptance requirements.
This program is registered with the State of Florida as well as the U.S. Department of Labor and is administered by an Apprenticeship Committee under the sponsorship of MACCA. The program was registered with the state and was issued a program registration number, FL0010073, in November 1997 and serves the jurisdictions of Charlotte, Manatee and Sarasota Counties of Florida.
** at least 18 years of age. ** valid Florida drivers license. ** physically capable of performing HVAC installation and service work.
- A “participating employer” or a contractor-employer recommends at least one of its full time employees for the program who has demonstrated appropriate aptitudes. The employer pays part of the program cost by supplying text and similar materials.
- The candidates are then interviewed by a member of the apprenticeship committee.
- The minimum candidate requirements are:
- The apprentice continues with his/her full time job, working a minimum of 2000 hours per year for the three-year period in an on-the-job (OJT) training program.
- The apprentice maintains his/her OJT work experience records on a monthly basis. These records are submitted for his/her employer’s review and approval and then to the Apprenticeship Program Coordinator.
- The apprentice attends night classes one night a week, four hours per night, for 39 weeks during the normal school year; approximately mid-August to early June. Installation and maintenance of cooling and heating systems, related electrical systems and air distribution systems are presented in the course work.
- If an individual, not currently working for an HVAC contractor, expresses an interest in the program he/she must prepare an employment information form. The application is sent to area contractors. Those contractors who have an interest in the candidate will arrange for an employment interview. If the individual is hired and in the judgment of the employer is qualified for the program, he/she will be recommended as a candidate.Classes start the week of August 13th – Registration and payment needs to be receive by August 6th