Location: Sarasota, FL 34240
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Salary: $18.00 to $30.00 /hour
For forty-six years, AQUA is still the local expert in Plumbing and Air Conditioning. Our customers receive the best experience and quality, which has always been our commitment. Residents in the Sarasota, Manatee, and Bradenton area have trusted Aqua Plumbing & Air to meet a full range of services with 100% dedication to your satisfaction.
We are looking for an Electrician that performs highly skilled maintenance, installation, repair and troubleshooting work involved with electrical systems. Electrical work may be performed in a few areas including heating, refrigeration, motors, fire alarms, and generator equipment. Work involves technical application of electrical principles.
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Maintain current electrician’s license or identification card to meet governmental regulations.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures based on job specifications and local codes.
- Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
- Use a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment including oscilloscopes, ammeters, and test lamps.
- Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors.
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Place conduit (pipes or tubing) inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
- Construct and fabricate parts, using hand tools and specifications.
- Fasten small metal or plastic boxes to walls to house electrical switches or outlets.
- Provide preliminary sketches and cost estimates for materials and services.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to successfully pass a drug screen, and background check.
- Strong math skills to be able to make mathematical changes to blueprints or designs while on the job and to negotiate contracts.
- Basic computer skills.
- Good coordination be physically fit and have dexterity.
- Ability to visually differentiate wires by color.
- Possess troubleshooting skills to find problems and know how to fix them.
- Ability to explain technical information to non-technical customers.
- Must be able to regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental and Life Insurance available
- 401K benefit program with company match
- Vehicle provided with gas card.
- Cell phone reimbursement?
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Uniforms furnished on a 50/50 cooperative bases
- Education Assistance Program
Employee discount on company provided services
Drug Free Workplace
Please apply in person at Aqua Plumbing & Air located at 8283 Vico Court Sarasota, FL. 34240, or fax to (941) 259-4629 or e-mail your resume. You may also visit our website at www.aquaplumbing.com